Who am I?

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat
Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

AN EMKA

Aug 9, 2021
Greece
Hey! Some months ago I found out that I like girls. Actually, I was identifying myself as bisexual cause I didn't know for sure what I am. And then after some time, it was clear to me that I am 100%, lesbian and I don't have absolutely anything to do with guys. But now sometimes I see some nice guys in public or on the internet and I think "Oh he is so cute, he is so beautiful, I would probably date him." and then I remember I am lesbian I'm not supposed to like guys. So this is my question,

how do you think can a lesbian like men sometimes? Is it even a romantic attraction? maybe I just can tell If this boy is handsome and cute and hot but never feel the same as when I have a crush with a girl. Maybe it's just a friendly/childish sympathy and nothing else. Am I still lesbian If this is a romantic attraction?

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
Hi An Emka,

there’s nothing wrong about how you feel. Think of Kinsey’s scale of degrees of sexual orientation. A lot of people is not 100% straight or gay. There’s bi in the middle, but some are in the middle of bi and straight or gay. And secondly sexuality is a fluent thing. There were times when I wouldn’t have thought of finding a boyfriend, although girls didn’t do much for me. Feelings changed....

It’s the personality: if you find someone you love really, do it with all your heart, irrespective if it’s him or her.

Gigi

Reactions: Isbjorn

AN EMKA

Aug 9, 2021
Greece
So actually I can be lesbian and having some attraction to guys periodically? This doesn't make me bisexual. And as I understand bisexuality is about liking both genders equally. But as you said sexuality is a fluent so nothing is absolutely standard everything is acceptable.

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
Ciao carissima,

that’s it. Don’t look for a being labelled as ....
Listen to your heart or to the butterflies in your stomach. If it’s a nice girl: absolutely okay; but if it suddenly happens to be a boy? Equally okay.
You might have a preference: girls; that’s why you label yourself lesbian, but sexuality is not carved in stone.
Important: enjoy your (sex-)life.

Gigi

Axle2152

Sep 1, 2021
North Carolina
www.lgbtqforums.com
Hey! Some months ago I found out that I like girls. Actually, I was identifying myself as bisexual cause I didn't know for sure what I am. And then after some time, it was clear to me that I am 100%, lesbian and I don't have absolutely anything to do with guys. But now sometimes I see some nice guys in public or on the internet and I think "Oh he is so cute, he is so beautiful, I would probably date him." and then I remember I am lesbian I'm not supposed to like guys. So this is my question,

how do you think can a lesbian like men sometimes? Is it even a romantic attraction? maybe I just can tell If this boy is handsome and cute and hot but never feel the same as when I have a crush with a girl. Maybe it's just a friendly/childish sympathy and nothing else. Am I still lesbian If this is a romantic attraction?
I think Gigi summed it up very well but I thought I might add some of my experiences. I have at times questions my sexuality, perhaps regretting not "being straight" and getting married and all that jazz. Sometimes I find some women very attractive but similar to what you said, I'm gay, how's that supposed to work? I think it is important to know that people don't have to adhere to any sort of label, whether it's bisexual, gay, lesbian, non-binary, just be you. If you happen to like a guy and want to date him, go for it, you might find a partner, a friend but more importantly it will help you figure things out. Think of it like trying new foods. One example that came to mind is I really like sushi, but so many people refuse to try it, even the deep fried stuff that isn't raw. You don't have to try sushi, but if you do try it you will gain the experience, you might find you like it or you might find that terrible and you'll know never to try that stuff again.

Reactions: Gigi
Donate

Make a generous gift donation today and support our community so we may grow! We look forward to your active and enthusiastic participation in our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community. Community is the most important form of support you can give. Share where you can. Contributions of your time usually outweigh monetary contributions when it comes to our LGBT Community. That being said, We do need monetary donations to keep our doors open and cover monthly expenses. Every little bit of generosity you can give helps someone that needs their voice heard.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.

Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.

Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.

Make small donations at Donorbox

Join our community forum at LGBT.net

Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.

Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.

Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.

Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!

Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

Latest posts

LinkedIn