What should I do?

Welcome to our LGBT Community Forum and Chat
Wanting to join the rest of our members in conversation? Feel free to become a member today.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries!
Become an LGBT.net Member Now!

Join Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat

Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

Ethan

Sep 7, 2021
Bonner springs kansas
So my mom says im too young to know I'm gay but I know I'm gay and I feel like I'm getting pushed away by my mother and my father is nowhere to be seen so Idk what to do What should i do ?

SimplyDavy

Dec 22, 2021
Florida
youtube.com
Hi Ethan,

you’re young and you’re living in a manageable vicinity. I don’t know exactly the social climate, but in smaller towns with a more rural community it will not be that easy for a boy to find a boyfriend. I remember, when I was your age, my straight classmates started dating girlfriends and boasting about their adventures. I stood silently aside and could only tell to be interested into playing soccer and being engaged with the Boy Scouts.

I had my first affair when I was some years older than you’re now. It’s not been a decision to wait, it’s been a result of different reasons.

I absolutely understand that you’re longing for somebody to be together with, I would wish you to find him today, but....

I’m sure you’ll find him, but please remain patient, although sometimes it seems unbearable.

Gigi
True Gigi. Just the fact that we are a minority makes it difficult in general to find someone. Not impossible, but most times it is much more work for us. This is why many people maximise their outcomes by moving to large cities. I feel bad for those who are country people at heart and feel ostracised and marginalised by those communities. They are forced to leave an environment they feel comfortable in to find love. I was at least lucky to be from the suburbs of large cities and could get into town, and be an urbanite in my heart.

But @Ethan , you have the Internet. The more senior members among us, myself included, did not. You are lucky. I went to the library to find anything I could about a boy like me, and you know what I found? Nothing. Null. We were erased. Amazingly I somehow knew I was not abnormal. But it wasn’t until I was 21 that I had a kiss from a boy and a boyfriend. I was out of the closet at school when I was 18. So, love yourself and hang in there.

Reactions: Gigi and Ethan

AudryLeigh

Administrator
Staff member
Paid Membership
Jan 2, 2022
Eugene, Oregon, USA
Preach it, Audrey Leigh!!
I'm not picky about this, but for the record it's "Audry," not "Audrey". Audry is a legitimate but rare alternate spelling. I'm a legitimate but rarekind of person (aren't we all), so I used a rare form of my name.

Hugs,
Audry Leigh

Reactions: SimplyDavy

SimplyDavy

Dec 22, 2021
Florida
youtube.com
I'm not picky about this, but for the record it's "Audry," not "Audrey". Audry is a legitimate but rare alternate spelling. I'm a legitimate but rarekind of person (aren't we all), so I used a rare form of my name.

Hugs,
Audry Leigh
Noted. Just an inadvertent transgression on my part. Lol. Legitimate or not, you can spell your name how you please. Many people try to put an E in Davy. And for me, it’s just not there. I get it.

Donate If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.
Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.
Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.
Make small donations at Donorbox
Join our community forum at LGBT.net
Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.
Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.
Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.
Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!
Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

Latest posts

LinkedIn