This is Come (Out) as You Are

Welcome to our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum
Improving the lives of LGBT people by breaking communication boundaries!
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum
Improving the lives of LGBT people by breaking communication boundaries.

comeoutasyouare

Jul 8, 2021
Wisconsin, USA
Greetings!

I'm Kaitlyn, a recent college graduate with a degree in journalism. Before I landed a full-time job in the field, I decided to start a project I was passionate about to apply the skills I learned in my academic career.

That project -- Come (Out) as You Are -- is a platform I use to interview folks comfortable to share their coming out stories to give those questioning or looking to get informed an idea of how we got to where we are now. No matter how hard or easy, accepting or not your coming out situation was, all of them deserve to be heard. They can be as in-depth or as broad as one is comfortable with sharing, and we can use pseudonyms/alternate names to shield one's identity for safety and privacy reasons if they choose.

After being live for over six months now, we've gathered almost 30 stories from individuals all over the world. We also provide informational content on LGBTQ happenings in the news and insight about identities and pronouns newer or lesser known to the community at a twice-weekly pace.

If you're interested in sharing your own coming (out) story, give us a PM, email us at [email protected], or reach out to us on any of our socials @comeoutasyouare. You are safe, heard and loved.

Warmest wishes,
Kaitlyn and Robyn

Reactions: Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
May 11, 2020
Florida
LGBT.net
Welcome to our community!
You may also invite your clients to share their stories here. Also if you have past interviews, please share them as well.

Reactions: comeoutasyouare