Question

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum
Improving the lives of LGBT people by breaking communication boundaries.

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
I often thought about this question, but never did it in the real world. Here, in the virtual world, I feel safe to stand to my real feelings.

If you want to come out to your friends, you’re brave. Normally the most of them will accept you, but you will also meet with the one or other refusal. Some will confirm “we always knew”, some will not like it. I would act with discretion, starting with a close friend you really trust and start with showing some indications. Might be, his reactions encourage you.

You must expect, if you let the cat out of the bag, news can spread like wildfire. Therefore it’s important that you think about your first steps.

Gigi

frogbrain

Sep 15, 2021
No?
I came out to a few and it was pretty easy. To my sister, I said "I wanna tell you something. I think I like girls," and she said "Love who you love, girly."

To my best friend, I said "Hey, so I think I'm bi," and she said "Yeah, me too. I've kissed girls."

To my friend from summer camp who told me he thought I was bi when he first met me, I said "You were right," and he said "Ok."

I don't know how other people do it, but that's what worked for me :]

Reactions: Gigi

Donate