Please, everyone, get vaccinated against COVID!

Welcome to our LGBT Community Forum and Chat
Wanting to join the rest of our members in conversation? Feel free to become a member today.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries!
Become an LGBT.net Member Now!

Join Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat

Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

AudryLeigh

Administrator
Staff member
Paid Membership
Jan 2, 2022
Eugene, Oregon, USA
Getting the COVID vaccine is not just for you, but for everyone close to you. It's been in use for some time now, and the incidence of severe reaction is very low -- about the same as having a serious reaction to the seasonal flu shot. Though the vaccine doesn't guarantee that you don't get COVID, it does make it extremely unlikely that it will be any harder on you than the "regular" seasonal flu (and I think we've all lived through that). Humanity beat Smallpox and Polio by getting [nearly] everyone vaccinated against them. COVID is really no different. The vaccine came out quickly, not so much because they rushed it to market (which they did do), but because the vaccine, in a more generic form, has been under developed for nearly 10 years now. The "normal" yearly flu started out as the 1918 flu epidemic (really a pandemic, but that word wasn't used then). During the run of that flu, more people died of the flu than were killed in the WWI -- soldiers and civilians. Since science was not nearly so advanced then, they had to suffer through until people gradually began to develop the much touted herd immunity. Herd immunity is NOT a good way to combat an epidemic, but back then it was all they had, and a LOT of people died before widespread immunity was achieved. The original use of the term "herd immunity" was in terms of, if you had a medical problem that precluded you from getting a vaccine (the polio vaccine, for example), if every other kid in your world had been vaccinated, you would benefit from the resulting "herd immunity." It was only during the recent era that it has been [inappropriately] suggested as a preventive measure. Please, I WANT MY KARAOKE BACK!!! So, PLEASE, y'all get vaccinated.

Hugs,
Audry Leigh

Reactions: marko and Gigi

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
Getting the COVID vaccine is not just for you, but for everyone close to you. It's been in use for some time now, and the incidence of severe reaction is very low -- about the same as having a serious reaction to the seasonal flu shot. Though the vaccine doesn't guarantee that you don't get COVID, it does make it extremely unlikely that it will be any harder on you than the "regular" seasonal flu (and I think we've all lived through that). Humanity beat Smallpox and Polio by getting [nearly] everyone vaccinated against them. COVID is really no different. The vaccine came out quickly, not so much because they rushed it to market (which they did do), but because the vaccine, in a more generic form, has been under developed for nearly 10 years now. The "normal" yearly flu started out as the 1918 flu epidemic (really a pandemic, but that word wasn't used then). During the run of that flu, more people died of the flu than were killed in the WWI -- soldiers and civilians. Since science was not nearly so advanced then, they had to suffer through until people gradually began to develop the much touted herd immunity. Herd immunity is NOT a good way to combat an epidemic, but back then it was all they had, and a LOT of people died before widespread immunity was achieved. The original use of the term "herd immunity" was in terms of, if you had a medical problem that precluded you from getting a vaccine (the polio vaccine, for example), if every other kid in your world had been vaccinated, you would benefit from the resulting "herd immunity." It was only during the recent era that it has been [inappropriately] suggested as a preventive measure. Please, I WANT MY KARAOKE BACK!!! So, PLEASE, y'all get vaccinated.

Hugs,
Audry Leigh

Hi Audry,

I’m absolutely with you. It’s not only a case of personal safety, it’s also a case of safety for all fellow human beings, especially the vulnerable ones to get vaccinated.

Just got my third and waiting for the forth during summer, especially against Omicron.

Please everyone, go getting the jab 🙏🙏🙏

Gigi

Donate If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.
Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.
Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.
Make small donations at Donorbox
Join our community forum at LGBT.net
Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.
Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.
Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.
Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!
Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

Latest posts

LinkedIn