Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat
Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

frogbrain

Sep 15, 2021
No?
I was raised in a Christian home and recently figured out I was bi. It's caused a lot of big feelings for me, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Is there anyone out there who's Christian or another religion and also LGBTQ+ or supportive? What does that look like for you? Where do you go to ask questions and find support?

How do I know I'm not going to hell?

Reactions: joethe

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
God is believing in HIM, not scientifically proven knowing about HIM.

So you can’t know about going to hell.

I believe that HE loves us unconditionally, like good Christian parents also should do. I don’t believe that your sexual orientation is a reason going to hell. HE created us this way and loves us for what we are.

Regretfully some of his faithful don’t see it this way, but not only in my opinion they’re absolutely wrong.

Gigi

Shootkapow

Sep 1, 2021
Earth
I'm pretty much in the same situation, but my parents have been really supportive and I'm grateful for that. I still believe in Christianity, and I believe that God loves us unconditionally as well, but I've been pretty confused about church and the community. Just know that God loves you no matter who you are.

Axle2152

Sep 1, 2021
North Carolina
www.lgbtqforums.com
I was not really exposed to Christianity that much growing up, aside from knowing the basics of basics like the 10 commandments and that one time my mom let the Mormons in. Other things I was exposed to was Wicca. So I have spent a lot of time I guess being agnostic. Not so much that I am unsure if a God or some deity exists but all the other questions that are seemingly unanswerable like what is the meaning of life, what happens after death and so on.

A lot of people have broken away from organized religion because of their church and how people behave. In the case of The Existential Ginger one of the reason she left the Mormon church was over her divorce. So there's a lot of stuff to unpack regardless.

That all being said I am not in the business of telling people what they should believe as I am against evangelism period. So you take issue with Christianity because of how people choose to practice it you can certainly do something about it. For me, A God who sends someone to hell because their gay is bullshit when I see all the hypocrisy in the world.

The only other thing I can think of is to learn about other religions, take your own spiritual and religious path.

Reactions: Gigi

Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
May 11, 2020
Florida
LGBT.net
I was not really exposed to Christianity that much growing up, aside from knowing the basics of basics like the 10 commandments and that one time my mom let the Mormons in. Other things I was exposed to was Wicca. So I have spent a lot of time I guess being agnostic. Not so much that I am unsure if a God or some deity exists but all the other questions that are seemingly unanswerable like what is the meaning of life, what happens after death and so on.

A lot of people have broken away from organized religion because of their church and how people behave. In the case of The Existential Ginger one of the reason she left the Mormon church was over her divorce. So there's a lot of stuff to unpack regardless.

That all being said I am not in the business of telling people what they should believe as I am against evangelism period. So you take issue with Christianity because of how people choose to practice it you can certainly do something about it. For me, A God who sends someone to hell because their gay is bullshit when I see all the hypocrisy in the world.

The only other thing I can think of is to learn about other religions, take your own spiritual and religious path.
I believe that walking your own path is the only way to move forward in this world. This is what I do.

Reactions: Gigi
Nov 3, 2021
Michigan
apathoe.com
I was raised in a Christian home and recently figured out I was bi. It's caused a lot of big feelings for me, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Is there anyone out there who's Christian or another religion and also LGBTQ+ or supportive? What does that look like for you? Where do you go to ask questions and find support?

How do I know I'm not going to hell?
Hello, my name is Donna and I am the Outreach Director for All People All Truths House of Enlightenment, a new LGBTQIA+ spiritual church, community Center, Outreach programs, and support groups. We created our Movement for all of our LGBTQIA family that feel like you do right now and find them in this situation.
My wife Jan is the head pastor, and if you would like to talk to either one of us we would love to support you. My wife has studied all the religions, and could assist you with any questions regarding religion, christianity, the Bible and LGBTQIA...being who you were created to be. [email protected] this is my email. And I promise you you are not going to hell for being who you were created to be. Namaste.

Donate

Make a generous gift donation today and support our community so we may grow! We look forward to your active and enthusiastic participation in our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community. Community is the most important form of support you can give. Share where you can. Contributions of your time usually outweigh monetary contributions when it comes to our LGBT Community. That being said, We do need monetary donations to keep our doors open and cover monthly expenses. Every little bit of generosity you can give helps someone that needs their voice heard.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.

Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.

Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.

Make small donations at Donorbox

Join our community forum at LGBT.net

Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.

Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.

Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.

Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!

Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

LinkedIn