Let's talk about some options for LGBT.net going forward!

Welcome to our LGBT Community Forum and Chat
Wanting to join the rest of our members in conversation? Feel free to become a member today.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries!
Become an LGBT.net Member Now!

Join Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat

Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Paid Membership
May 11, 2020
Florida
LGBT.net
In the past I wrote an outline business plan for the site to be attached to a cafe and coworking space.
I'll attach a file for everyone to read.

Reactions: Lindorm

Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Paid Membership
May 11, 2020
Florida
LGBT.net
More updates. I will delete this post when new version is updated.

Attachments

• LGBT net Business Plan Outline - 8pm.pdf
    278.5 KB · Views: 13

Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Paid Membership
May 11, 2020
Florida
LGBT.net
What is the budget of this and will we have enough money going forward funding this you know ?
Funding for this site has always been an issue. Sponsors and advertisers want For Profit, donors want Non Profit.
Originally I set it up as a For Profit. But the click through rate is near nil. It has only generated $26 this year. Donations are at $46.
It is considered a new site as I took the former site down. (mass negative posts) It didn't come back as I had expected. It was only me working on the site the last two years.

There is an organization that would like to sponsor, but only if non profit and nothing has been set in writing.

I could use an ad network again. But I want to keep the site clean and not push the dating part either. It is what brought in the negative postings the last time I added it.

I spend about $2000 per year in various expenses for the site. When I have extra income, I added features. This is as an individual operation. Right now, keeping it as just the forum has kept me busy.

Setting up a non profit will be about $3500 with legal fees before adding salaries for the 3 officers needed.
My goal is to incorporate again as a non profit January 1st. The legal fees depend on expediency needed of the company getting 501c3.

(edit: 3 years ago it was at $475 a month with ad network, with no outside advertising.)

The LinkedIn page has kept the growth pattern and is continuing to grow.
I know it would grow more with editorial content. Also adding a vidcast (live stream)

Last edited:

Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
Paid Membership
May 11, 2020
Florida
LGBT.net
Dating can be part of the conversations. I have even added back into each specific category. But the advertising and ad networks were not meant for a general audience. I only kept one dating affiliate as a sponsor type position, but no banner advertising.
It does disappoint me as the income generated from dating ads was very good. Not worth the negative feed back in the long run.

Reactions: Ethan

AudryLeigh

Administrator
Staff member
Paid Membership
Jan 2, 2022
Eugene, Oregon, USA
Hi! My name is Audry. There was a very large, very popular, very active site called "LGBTchat.net," but it has been down for about two years due to technical problems. I was the head moderator for that site. All our eforts to contact the owner to get him to fix the site have failed. We fear we may have lost him to COVID. We would very much like to resurect the site, but at this point it's tiime to give up and move on. Since resurecting that site seems impossible, I would like very much to see a successor site develop, and this site looks to me like it has the potential. I am willing to share my experience and help in any way I can to help this site develop into something like the old LGBTchat.net. Let me know how I can help.
Hugs,
Audry

xerixio

Sep 15, 2021
ur dad
I seem to be a bit broke considering that I'm 15 and have no stable job, but I'm ready to help in any other way possible!

Reactions: Barefoot

Barefoot

Administrator
Staff member
Paid Membership
Jan 12, 2022
Maine USA
I seem to be a bit broke considering that I'm 15 and have no stable job, but I'm ready to help in any other way possible!
Tell other LGBT people you may know that the site is here. That will be a great help. Grow the site!

Donate If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.
Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.
Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.
Make small donations at Donorbox
Join our community forum at LGBT.net
Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.
Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.
Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.
Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!
Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

Latest posts

LinkedIn