Introduction

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum
Improving the lives of LGBT people by breaking communication boundaries.

ema.silver1

Aug 5, 2021
Missouri
Hi, my name is Emily. I've known for about 3 years now that I am pansexual and I've fully embraced that and feel really comfortable with that description. But about a month ago, my girlfriend poked fun at me (as you do with close loved ones) and said that I have more masculine tendencies than I think I do. And that sent me on this path of gender identity because I've always just assumed and been comfortable with identifying as a female. But I payed more attention to myself and I am more masculine than I thought. So we looked up different genders and I rationalized to myself that I'm just more of a tomboy. But its not just that. I think I may be gender fluid but I'm not sure. So I wanted to ask if these things are normal for a gender fluid person. I went to work and my boss said "Hey girl" and I felt really uncomfortable being called girl. And when I went home I tried on my girlfriends basketball shorts (that she got in the men's section) and I felt super comfortable but she commented that she legitimately forgot I was female for a second. I love my body and its feminine qualities but very very occasionally I will think of what it would be like to have certain male features and how good that would feel. But I don't want to change my body. I like feeling feminine and masculine. And I think I have this bias against gender fluidity because of a past experience that wasn't so good, as well as internalized homophobia due to my family situation. But anyway, I don't know if gender fluid is the right term here, but I thought I would ask and see what other people have to say.

Donate