Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat
Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

anonymous2323

Oct 11, 2021
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I’m 16 and I know that im transgender. Since i was very young I would paint my nails and dress up with my sister. When i grew up a bit and started meeting new ppl i started thinking that I was “weird” or “creepy” when in actual fact I just needed so badly to be a girl. I struggle with bad anxiety and depression and so it’s in my natural personality to try and cover up any of my ‘problems’. Until now I’ve been able to pretend like a guy but as you can imagine after 16 years of that, im am in the worst place I have ever been in. I know my family would be accepting of me, but for some reason i can’t bring myself to tell anyone. I’m also starting to feel suicidal as I’m scared that no matter what I do I will never look like a cis-women my age. For literally 16 years i haven’t talked to anyone, in real life or online, about this and I just need someone to help me.

i always thought one day I would just come out, but I could never do it. now i’m in the position where i’m mentally worse than ever with no one to talk to. Any reply helps, just need someone. 🤍

Reactions: jxssi6671

Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
May 11, 2020
Florida
LGBT.net
The Trevor Project may be a great place to start. They have an awesome hotline to just talk.
They are a really good place to start. Even just to say Hello!

Reactions: Gigi

Atalanta

Oct 12, 2021
Brazil
Hi guys. I’m 16 and I know that im transgender. Since i was very young I would paint my nails and dress up with my sister. When i grew up a bit and started meeting new ppl i started thinking that I was “weird” or “creepy” when in actual fact I just needed so badly to be a girl. I struggle with bad anxiety and depression and so it’s in my natural personality to try and cover up any of my ‘problems’. Until now I’ve been able to pretend like a guy but as you can imagine after 16 years of that, im am in the worst place I have ever been in. I know my family would be accepting of me, but for some reason i can’t bring myself to tell anyone. I’m also starting to feel suicidal as I’m scared that no matter what I do I will never look like a cis-women my age. For literally 16 years i haven’t talked to anyone, in real life or online, about this and I just need someone to help me.

i always thought one day I would just come out, but I could never do it. now i’m in the position where i’m mentally worse than ever with no one to talk to. Any reply helps, just need someone. 🤍
Maybe we could talk? Ur situation kinda make me remember of myself. I don't have answers, but we could talk if u wanna and help each other

Axle2152

Sep 1, 2021
North Carolina
www.lgbtqforums.com

First welcome to the community. One of the hardest things in life is accepting and loving yourself, keep in mind that being 16 you're probably still figuring out who you are...of course people in their 30's, 40's and beyond are often still doing that. Be gentle with yourself. Allow all the time you need. Understand that coming out is a process, you come out when you're ready to and I feel that it is important that you don't feel forced to do anything. Things like painting nails, dressing up, is neither weird or creepy, neither is being "effeminate." Understand that things will get better, understand that simply being a teenager is a crazy time in life in general and it will get better. I know way back when I was a teenager the things made me feel lost, worthless, didn't matter 5 years later.

Know that you are worth it and you do matter. While I am certainly no expert in anything and sitting here I wonder if I am saying the right things and whether it helps. I do think just talking to people whether it is here, or The Trevor Project, a friend can be very helpful. Just know that you have an entire community of people who have your back and support you, even though it might seem that the world outside is against you (it really isn't). Be weary of social media too, things like TikTok, Instagram have been shown to be harmful....that's just general advice.

“As human beings, our job in life is to help people realize how rare and valuable each one of us really is, that each of us has something that no one else has- or ever will have- something inside that is unique to all time. It's our job to encourage each other to discover that uniqueness and to provide ways of developing its expression.” - Fred Rogers

Take care.

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton

Hi 👋,

as you can see, we’re here for you. The important things are just said, e.g. looking for the Trevor project.

I’m sure, you’re a wonderful person with every right to be yourself as you feel to be.

I remember being your age I avoided every discussion about my situation, didn’t come to terms with myself, regretfully never came out, but became unhappy.

You feel inside the direction you want to go. If you look around, I’m sure you’re going to find allies which will accompany you on your way. Step by step....

Gigi

Reactions: Mark Laymon

Donate

Make a generous gift donation today and support our community so we may grow! We look forward to your active and enthusiastic participation in our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community. Community is the most important form of support you can give. Share where you can. Contributions of your time usually outweigh monetary contributions when it comes to our LGBT Community. That being said, We do need monetary donations to keep our doors open and cover monthly expenses. Every little bit of generosity you can give helps someone that needs their voice heard.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.

Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.

Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.

Make small donations at Donorbox

Join our community forum at LGBT.net

Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.

Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.

Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.

Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!

Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

LinkedIn