I need advice

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat
Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

AN EMKA

Aug 9, 2021
Greece
Hey! I really need to tell this to someone. So, I live in a very conservative family and I haven't come out yet as a lesbian. We are in a really bad financial situation and I just started running an online business (with no results yet) to help somehow my mother (and also my bigger sister helps with her job). But I really hate my homophobic family and need my freedom, I just want to grab my bag and leave. But I can't do this cause I can't leave my family with nothing just like that. I need advice on how to survive this cause it's really like a bag of bricks on me.

jxssi6671

Jul 16, 2021
Norman, OK
It is hard coming out, especially when your family does not support it or think it's right, take it from me... I'm 16 and when I came out to my father he said I was too young to be "Gay" either way I just did it even though I knew it would be weird to my family, I have two moms my dad blames it on them, but it's not their fault, it's my choice.

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
Greece 🇬🇷 is not in a very good economic situation. Would you have a chance to stand on your own feet? If not, you should think twice about starting the conflict with your family. Anyway I would try to organise a position to live on my own. If you’re able to it’s easier to tell your family that you want to live your life according to your sexual orientation. They can accept and you decide to stay or leave. If they don’t accept you this way, you have, regretfully respectively to the family life, the ability to leave.

Gigi

Reactions: AN EMKA

Beth Taylor

Sep 1, 2021
Italy
www.blissful-transformation.com
Hey! I really need to tell this to someone. So, I live in a very conservative family and I haven't come out yet as a lesbian. We are in a really bad financial situation and I just started running an online business (with no results yet) to help somehow my mother (and also my bigger sister helps with her job). But I really hate my homophobic family and need my freedom, I just want to grab my bag and leave. But I can't do this cause I can't leave my family with nothing just like that. I need advice on how to survive this cause it's really like a bag of bricks on me.
Its a difficult situation to be in but I think like most of the replies on here your family has 2 choices: a)stick by you OR b) let you go....... either way it has to be your decision and by the sound of your message here I think you are ready to go for it! Just make sure you have some support on the other side ie. a network of friends who you can talk to. In the long run you cannot support your family - that's not your job sweetie x hope that helps :)

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
Ciao Beth,

sono assolutamente d’accordo con te.

Cara AN EMKA,

thinking of the long term, Beth is right. The decision to support your parents includes the renouncement to your own life respective your sexual orientation. Look for support out of your family and then step by step start your own life. I understand the difficulties, I always avoided the dispute with my parents. But now I’m old and not happy.

Gigi

Beth Taylor

Sep 1, 2021
Italy
www.blissful-transformation.com
Ciao Beth,

sono assolutamente d’accordo con te.

Cara AN EMKA,

thinking of the long term, Beth is right. The decision to support your parents includes the renouncement to your own life respective your sexual orientation. Look for support out of your family and then step by step start your own life. I understand the difficulties, I always avoided the dispute with my parents. But now I’m old and not happy.

Gigi
Thanks Gigi :) it's important to put yourself first however selfish that may sound - you can't give from an empty cup! It all starts with your own happiness first and then like dominoes it has a knock on effect to others x I'm always here to help my lesbian community so if you need to chat or know anyone who does please feel free to pass on my info x

Ridiculousbeat

Oct 24, 2021
India
Hi, I am late to the forum but I just wanted to say that it really works out well for you.

I understand how the situation must be tough for you. Even if you are in the space of thinking for yourself, I think we all agree that the transition comes at its own pace sometimes. And that is completely alright. Even as you are helping your family to build a foundation, is it possible that the work you are doing is also helping you to build your independent life? If yes, continue your work. Keep putting one foot of the other. Do it for yourself if not for anyone else and be comfortable with your situation.

I tell myself that people may or may not accept me the way I accept myself right away. So while I can build a surrounding that is comfortable for me, I would rather focus on my life and build my foundation. Maybe you can think of something that helps you in such a way?

Donate

Make a generous gift donation today and support our community so we may grow! We look forward to your active and enthusiastic participation in our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community. Community is the most important form of support you can give. Share where you can. Contributions of your time usually outweigh monetary contributions when it comes to our LGBT Community. That being said, We do need monetary donations to keep our doors open and cover monthly expenses. Every little bit of generosity you can give helps someone that needs their voice heard.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.

Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.

Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.

Make small donations at Donorbox

Join our community forum at LGBT.net

Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.

Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.

Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.

Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!

Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

Latest posts

LinkedIn