Hi all, I'm Lind, and I want to find an identity...

Welcome to our LGBT Community Forum and Chat
Wanting to join the rest of our members in conversation? Feel free to become a member today.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries!
Become an LGBT.net Member Now!

Join Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat

Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

Lindorm

Nov 25, 2021
Long Island NY
((First, I'm literally incapable of succinct messages unless I spend half an hour editing.
Which I may do more one day, but for now skipping ahead is encouraged if you like!))

To be clear, as my bio will elaborate I already understand my gender identity and orientation more then enough that it isn't an issue for the time being;
Because of that gender identity by chance being a lack of form in the first place it could contribute, but that isn't the reason I came here.

The reason is the more general definition of 'identity'- that's what I don't have.
I have goals and wants, to be sure, but they're general.
'Help people'. 'Connect the currently separated fields of human and animal experiences'....
'Don't starve'.

But none of those have a preference I can truly commit to. For most of life until very recently, I was locked into introspection to solve a deppresion.
I figured "ppl don't understand why I can't solve this... so I need to explain better."
Finally, in part through chance, I've succeeded- I have good doctors now. I'll be making rapid progress before long I imagine, although it will take decades to heal.
But because of all that, my mind is a blank slate to a degree. I haven't had anywhere near enough significant experiences or accomplishments that have spoken to me. So I have no action I can prefer, and become deadlocked-

Even a fork in the road can be difficult to choose, if a being were popped into existence there with no past experience to influence.

Hence, I now need socialization (or a 1/100000 chance miracle event that gives me specific motivation)
But as an LGBT+ person, and one as upset with even the centrists of the world as I am, just any social group isn't worth the risk to join. The chances it would stress me out are too high if they aren't even lgbt- focused.

I come here in the hopes this place helps with that.
Helps me find people- or even one person- who can focus my path better to reach my goal.
I appreciate any help given, thanks to anyone who reads even just this one sentence! ; p

Reactions: Caroline🌹
Donate If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.
Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.
Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.
Make small donations at Donorbox
Join our community forum at LGBT.net
Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.
Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.
Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.
Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!
Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

Latest posts

LinkedIn