Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum
Improving the lives of LGBT people by breaking communication boundaries.

Isbjorn

Aug 28, 2021
Nevada, USA
I am a recently out to myself and some people bisexual. In the last year, I have come to terms with myself in my orientation. Nowadays this does not seem as nig a deal as it was when I was growing up, especially during my formative years. I am an older guy, born in the summer of '69... :cool: Some of my generation may get the reference.

I am a Navy veteran, I say this because a lot of my personality is in line with being a submariner. You know, sarcasm with little or no filtration. Doesn't mean I am an asshole.... well not a complete asshole. :p I do try not to be personally upsetting and truly care for my fellow human beings.

I am married. My wife does not know, but we have had some conversations and I am REALLY close to coming out to her. It is a tricky situation due to physical and mental issues with her. She has a pituitary tumor that was mostly removed, then irradiated, so it is no linger growing. That being said there is still a mass on her pituitary and that causes hormonal imbalances, which include a nearly 24/7 low grade headache that spikes to migraine if she is over stimulated, post menopausal hot flashes, lack of sex drive, emotional, cognitive, and memory issues. I only share this, so there is an understanding of why I have to be careful coming out to her, to prevent any more emotional stress, which equates to more emotional stress on me.

Anyway, I am here looking for a new place to share, support, and be supported. One of the places I frequented is gone now and I have been looking for some time for a new place that isn't a raunchy hookup place. Not saying anything against that. I know where to find that when and if I want, but I also need a place for support that is real. Hopefully this is the place.

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
Hi Isbjorn,

I guess, you have also been a member of the crashed lgbt forum. There was a thread for faithful husbands like you and me. I absolutely understand your situation because mine is similar. We’re that old that we’ve to decide if it’s really worth to leave a long years marriage for an adventure. It’s the sex on the one hand, but a lot of emotions on the other. Officially I’m not out to my spouse, but there are remarks from her side which show: she knows me better. Like you: it took me a long time to come to terms with myself with the consequence to come out to myself.

Gigi59109901-3B35-44A1-B23C-A893894A95CE.jpeg

Reactions: Isbjorn

Isbjorn

Aug 28, 2021
Nevada, USA
Hi Isbjorn,

I guess, you have also been a member of the crashed lgbt forum. There was a thread for faithful husbands like you and me. I absolutely understand your situation because mine is similar. We’re that old that we’ve to decide if it’s really worth to leave a long years marriage for an adventure. It’s the sex on the one hand, but a lot of emotions on the other. Officially I’m not out to my spouse, but there are remarks from her side which show: she knows me better. Like you: it took me a long time to come to terms with myself with the consequence to come out to myself.

GigiView attachment 42

That's the one. I was BiBear over there.... yes I'm a poet don'tcha know it! :D

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
I would like that too. I’m missing some contacts really. It’s been a failure to not exchange personal emails, but I trusted in Tapatalk.

Gigi 😥

Reactions: Isbjorn

Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
May 11, 2020
Florida
LGBT.net
Can you use archive.org to find lost contacts? Some may use the same screen name on other sites.

Reactions: Gigi

Mark Laymon

Mark Laymon
Staff member
May 11, 2020
Florida
LGBT.net
Can you use archive.org to find lost contacts? Some may use the same screen name on other sites.

Donate