For my son

Welcome to our LGBT Community Forum and Chat
Wanting to join the rest of our members in conversation? Feel free to become a member today.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries!
Become an LGBT.net Member Now!

Join Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat

Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

Ms.Amy

Jan 13, 2022
Corpus Christi, Texas
My name is Amy. I have a son that is 24. His name is Zach. He is gay. We don't live in the same city, but talk on the phone all the time. He tells me he is lonely and wants to be in a relationship but there isn't anyone out there. I always try to encourage him and tell him there is someone out there for him. That it will happen when he least expects it. I worry about him because he meets up with people on dating websites. I know there are safer and healthier places online that he can go to. My goal is to become more involved so I can help him to find a safer and better place to meet new friends. Thank you for reading my post.

AudryLeigh

Administrator
Staff member
Paid Membership
Jan 2, 2022
Eugene, Oregon, USA
Bless you, Mom! You're an angel.

Tell Zach that "Audry says:
  1. 1) Stop trying! When you are actively trying, you can't help but seem desperate, which repels the right kind of people and attracts all the (sometimes disastrously) wrong kinds. Just get out and mingle. Be yourself. Be confident (if you have to, fake it until you make it). Confidence is powerful stuff. Until you become confident, make everyone think you already are. It's like "whistling a happy tune," from the King and I. And...
  2. Listen to your heart, not your head -- or your crotch (sorry Mom). Your mind is totally congested with all kinds of input, from mom and dad, the Church, School, Society, advertising, TV and radio, mass media, the Intente, etc., etc., etc. A lot of what your brain has had to deal with is pure BS. (The following is overdone for emphasis.) You've been lied to and propagandized all your life. Boys should be this, girls should be that. Christians should be this way, Jews, another. Some races should be one way, others another. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit (pardon my French). Not only too much information, but often conflicting and often wrong information. Listen to your heart. Your heart has no eyes or ears, so it knows nothing of all this propaganda and BS. It can't mislead you, it can only tell you the truth. Your heart speaks softly. Your brain has a megaphone -- "Listen to me! Listen to me, to me, to me..." You have to pay attention in order to hear your heart. Feeling flushed, feeling breathless, butterflies i your stomach, chills running up your spine... things like this are your heart talking to you. Listen. Listen to your heart."
I hope this helps. Times are trying. Hang in there. We're all here for you (those of us on this site). True for Amy and for Zach (get Zach to join). PM me anytime.

BTW, welcome to the site.

Hugs,
Audry Leigh

Reactions: Gigi

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
My name is Amy. I have a son that is 24. His name is Zach. He is gay. We don't live in the same city, but talk on the phone all the time. He tells me he is lonely and wants to be in a relationship but there isn't anyone out there. I always try to encourage him and tell him there is someone out there for him. That it will happen when he least expects it. I worry about him because he meets up with people on dating websites. I know there are safer and healthier places online that he can go to. My goal is to become more involved so I can help him to find a safer and better place to meet new friends. Thank you for reading my post.

Hi wonderful mom of Zach,

like Audry wrote, let Zach join this community. It’s not a dating app, but a possibility to make friends and talk about problems. It’s been helping me and I’m sure it could help Zach to take away a little bit of the pressure.

Gigi

Donate If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.
Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.
Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.
Make small donations at Donorbox
Join our community forum at LGBT.net
Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.
Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.
Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.
Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!
Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

Latest posts

LinkedIn