coming out twice

Welcome to our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum
Improving the lives of LGBT people by breaking communication boundaries!
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum
Improving the lives of LGBT people by breaking communication boundaries.

the queer loser

Jul 1, 2021
Corona, CA
a couple months ago i came out to my family as pan and luckily everyone was supportive. almost everyone in my friend group is queer in some shape or form; 2 of my friends are bi, one is gay, one is questioning and two are trans. the two that are trans aren’t out to their family since they may not be supportive so i try to support them as much as possible. it’s a really good space to be and we all have each others back in the group. im moving to another town and changing schools, and i thought it’s a great chance to start fresh. well, that’s when it it me that i if im going to change, i should be comfortable with who i am and what i identify as; creating my trans awakening. i told my friends and my therapist about it, how i want to identify as a male, go by Elliot/Eli, wear a binder, etc. As a girl i’m very self conscious about how people view me and what their expectations are of me, and i feel like a male identity would make me more willing to put myself out there and be myself. i want to start transitioning and make progress before the school year starts, but i need to be out to my parents for that. it’s not that they won’t accept me or anything like that, but i don’t know how to bring it up or what to say. i don’t exactly have anyone to go to other than my friends and i want to be out next week to give myself a good amount of time to prepare for the year.

TL/DR, i want to come out to my parents as trans within a week and i don’t know how or what to say

Reactions: Mark Laymon