Cis, trans, gay, bi and nonbinary men with prostate 2

Welcome to our LGBT Community Forum and Chat
Wanting to join the rest of our members in conversation? Feel free to become a member today.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries!
Become an LGBT.net Member Now!

Join Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum and Chat

Welcome to Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat, Join Us and Our Open and Lively Conversations.
We are Improving the Lives of LGBT People by Breaking Communication Boundaries.

Dick Moore

Jan 14, 2022
martharuth
I've recently been diagnosed and await ( impatiently) for a second opinion. Suggested treatment includes radiation and androgen supression therapy.
I'm investigating nutrition as a therapy,. Ihave acquired various supplements but don't know how much of what to take and when to take them.

Gigi

Jul 2, 2021
Brighton
H
I've recently been diagnosed and await ( impatiently) for a second opinion. Suggested treatment includes radiation and androgen supression therapy.
I'm investigating nutrition as a therapy,. Ihave acquired various supplements but don't know how much of what to take and when to take them

Hi Dick,

I’m sure I know less than you about therapies for your case, but basically I would consider nutrition only as an addition to the actions the doctors plan to do.

Anyway I wish you a good recovery.

Gigi

AudryLeigh

Administrator
Staff member
Paid Membership
Jan 2, 2022
Eugene, Oregon, USA
Hey Dick,
I would suggest that you research this well. Doctors know a lot, but the state of the art is hard for them to keep up with, and some get too set in their ways. BEWARE though, of information you find on the Internet. Any yahoo can post anything they want, and they can claim to have whatever credentials they think will help their cause. No one vetts the information on the Internet, you have to do that yourself. In order to find genuine research papers and the like, you have to dig down several pages in your search results. People who have ulterior motives (e.g., selling supplements), and people who like to hear themselves talk make lots of posts and so get picked up quickly by the search engines. Genuine researchers don't have time for that. They make one post and sent a mass email to all their colleagues letting them know that they have posted a paper, and giving the URL to that post. Those posts, the genuinely authoritative ones on any given subject, get lost in the background noise and can end up many pages deep in search engine results. Anyway, do your homework. There is a LOT of research being done regarding all the prostate issues -- a lot more than doctors can [reasonably] keep up with. I wish you luck, and for the benefit of all of us here, please post any useful information you find (along with references, olease). I wish you good fortune in your search, and in your life in general.

Hugs,
Audry Leigh

AudryLeigh

Administrator
Staff member
Paid Membership
Jan 2, 2022
Eugene, Oregon, USA
For the record, it's trans WOMEN who have a prostate, not trans men.

Hugs,
Audry

Donate If You Like What We Do, Our LGBT Community Benefits You, Take Action Now, Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat by Making a Generous Gift Donation.

Support Our LGBT Community Forum and Chat Where You Can.

Like posts and threads you like.

Share posts and threads with your peers.
Make positive comments to engage our LGBT Community.
Share our LGBT Community on your social media profile feeds.
Make small donations at Donorbox
Join our community forum at LGBT.net
Share your favorite community forum threads and posts on social media.
Comment and share your experience in a forum thread.
Become an active participant by introducing new Friends and Family to our community.
Make someone smile within the next 30 minutes!
Share and like this LGBT Forum and Chat!

Latest posts

LinkedIn