A Trans Manga: 'The Bride Was A Boy'

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Forum
Improving the lives of LGBT people by breaking communication boundaries.

Support our LGBT Community by making a generous gift donation.

ThatTransDemiGirl

Aug 4, 2021
Ine, Japan
Alright, My Second Post Is A Book Review....

GREAT START!

The Book, 'The Bride Was A Boy' Revolves Around The Life Story Of Chii, The Author And Protagonist Of The Book. This Single-Volume Manga Was My First (And I Still Find Some LGBTQ Aspect Of The Manga I Read Currently) and One Of The Best, In My Opinion. The Art Style Is A Very Simplified 'Chibi' Like Design, with Almost Like 'Steamboat Willy' Looking Eyes. The Story Is Nothing Less Than The Art Style; Brilliant.

c16e8feb8d78400dcd91723615cdc34a._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

The Story Mostly Focuses On The Romance Between Chii And Husband-Kun, With Chii Being Trans as a Social Aspect Of The Story Rather Than The Main Point. Due To It Taking Place, (And Being Written) In Japan, Some Transphobia In Our Governmental System Is Seen And Gone Into Depth In a 7 Page Long Explanation On How Chii Was Able To Transition On Paper.

One Of My Favorite Bits Were These:
1070cbbc-70f2-465c-bb18-3880bc79af21.jpeg

A Small Window Into The Life And Feelings Of A Trans Person. Very N i c e.

Conclusion: A Romantic Novel with a side of trans.

Reactions: Mark Laymon

Donate

Make a generous gift donation today and support our community so we may grow! We look forward to your active and enthusiastic participation in our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community. Community is the most important form of support you can give. Share where you can. Contributions of your time usually outweigh monetary contributions when it comes to our LGBT Community. That being said, We do need monetary donations to keep our doors open and cover monthly expenses. Every little bit of generosity you can give helps someone that needs their voice heard.

Latest posts

LinkedIn